Disturbing or changing the natural capabilities of the body can cause cancer. Excess toxic waste, reduced cell oxygenation, unbalanced PH, and a weak immune system are some of the cases that enhance the growth of cancer cells. Note that all these symptoms can be treated. However, it’s important to find a long-term approach to prevent their development since they can cause cancer. This article provides some of the best methods for cancer prevention.
Table Of Contents
- What Is Cancer?
- Different Ways To Prevent Cancer
- When To See A Doctor
- Final Thoughts
What Is Cancer?
This is a name that’s given to a collection of various diseases that are related. Many types of cancers usually form tumors that are malignant i.e. they can spread and affect other tissues in the body. However, blood cancer doesn’t form tumors that are solid. This disease causes abnormal and uncontrollable growth of cells which damage the body tissues.
Different Ways To Prevent Cancer
There are multiple conflicting reports about cancer prevention. A prevention tip that may be recommended by one research study may be disputed by another. The information about cancer prevention techniques is constantly changing and evolving. Generally, this disease can be prevented by making healthy lifestyle choices. Note that there isn’t any correlation between cancer horoscope and this medical condition. Outlined below are some of the best methods of how to prevent cancer.
Eat Healthy Foods
If you want to lead a healthy lifestyle, then it’s important to eat a healthy diet. There are various types of foods that prevent cancer. In order to reduce your risk:
- Eat plenty of veggies and fruits: this should be the basis of your diet. Eat whole grains as well as legumes.
- Avoid processed foods: according to the WHO, processed foods which have high amounts of calories and refined sugars can increase the risk of certain types of cancers.
- Take alcoholic drinks in moderation because large taking amounts of alcohol can cause liver, kidney, and colon cancers among others.
Go For Regular Check-Ups
It’s important to learn about self-examination techniques for cancer e.g. breast cancer, prostate cancer etc. Besides that, you should always go for regular screenings for certain types of cancers like cervix, colon, skin cancer, liver cancer, kidney cancer among others. Make it a habit to go for regular medical checkups.
There are various diseases that can cause cancer. It’s therefore important to get vaccinated. Some of these diseases include:
- The Human Papillomavirus: this is a viral disease that’s transmitted sexually. It can lead to a genital type of cancer such as cervical cancer or squamous cell cancer. This vaccine is usually recommended to boys and girls between the ages of 11 an 12 years. However, the FDA has approved the use of the HPV vaccine for females and males between 9 and 45 years.
- Hepatitis B increases the risk of liver cancer. Its vaccine is usually recommended to sexually active adults who have multiple sexual partners. Public or commercial sex workers are also advised to get the hepatitis B virus vaccine.
Maintain A Healthy BMI
Obesity has been termed as one of the risk factors for cancer. An overweight person is at a higher risk of developing cancers such as breast, kidney, colon, lung, and prostate. One of the best cancer prevention techniques is by staying physically active and maintaining a healthy weight. To ensure that you have a wealthy BMI and achieve your weight loss goals, dedicate about 150 minutes weekly for light aerobic activities and or 75 minutes weekly for intense aerobic activities.
Protect Your Skin from Sun Rays
Studies suggest that the harmful ultra-violet sun rays are responsible for skin cancer. In order to protect your skin, here are some important tips that you can apply and protect yourself from skin cancer.
- Apply sunscreen: If you are going out, ensure that you apply a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 or more. It doesn’t matter if it’s a cloudy day, always ensure that you generously and constantly use a sunscreen.
- Avoid sunlamps and tanning beds because they have the same effects as the natural sunlight.
- Avoid exposing your skin to the midday sun because the sun’s rays are usually at their strongest. If you want to bask, do this at sunset or sunrise.
- Cover your skin as much as you can. Additionally, wear dark or bright colors because they reflect UV Rays more compared to bleached cotton or pastels.
- If you are outdoors, stay in a shade, wear hats that have wide brims and sunglasses.
When To See A Doctor
Once you experience persistent and unusual symptoms that are related to cancer, seek medical appointment as soon as you can. It’s important to know that some types of cancers don’t exhibit symptoms early enough. This means that it’s important to conduct regular medical screening tests as well as other cancer procedures. When cancer is detected early enough, there are high chances of treatment being successful.
The cure for cancer is still not yet known. However, there are treatment options such as chemotherapy, medications, radiation therapy, surgery, and or a combination of either treatment options. Currently, cancer is one of the top killer diseases worldwide. Be aware of the cancer prevention methods and ensure that you lead a healthy lifestyle.